GDS students are well-known for their creativity in and out of the classroom, whether it be solving a puzzle or the way that they dress. Each edition, we profile fashionable GDS students to get some insight to how our students like to stay à la mode.
1) In a couple words, describe your style?
Walker: Hip 1970s schoolteacher plus athleisure.
2) Who is a fashion icon/inspiration of yours?
Walker: Max Cowan and John Burghardt. Also, Joyce Yang 🙂
3) Why do you care about style?
Walker: I like my to express myself and find creative ways to put the pieces together. Also, I like the compliments.
4) What is one style rule (if any) that you live by?
Walker: I don’t ever wear navy blue and black together. It stresses me out.
5) How long do you spend on your look, on average?
Walker: Anywhere from a few seconds to 45 minutes.
6) Where do you acquire most of your wardrobe?
Walker: Buffalo Exchange, Urban Outfitters, and free t-shirts from GDS outings.
7) What was one summer trend that you liked?
Walker: Those tiny little sunglasses.
By Caroline Katzive