Last year, I wrote a recipe for a dish called Pork Lotus Balls, but the steps were very complicated. Hot and Sour Lotus Root is a quick and easy dish. With each bite, you’ll experience a harmonious balance of heat and sourness that is sure to awaken your senses.
Ingredients for the lotus root:
- 200 g lotus root
- 2 tsp chili
- 2 tsp g olive oil
- 10 g scallion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
Instructions for the lotus root:
- Cut lotus root into small pieces.
- Stew lotus root for 10 minutes.
- Put oil in a pan.
- Put scallion and chili into the pan.
- Fry scallion and chili.
- Add lotus root.
- Fry the lotus root pieces with chili and scallion on medium-heat.
- Add sugar, soy sauce, salt, balsamic vinegar and sesame oil.
Yields two servings. Enjoy!