Braised pork chop with silk noodles is a hearty and delicious dish that is perfect for any occasion. The pork chops are simmered in a rich and flavorful broth until they are tender. The dish is then served over a bed of silky, smooth noodles that perfectly soak up the delicious sauce. This recipe is a wonderful way to warm up on a cold day.
Ingredients for the dish
- 600 g pork ribs
- 800 g potatoes
- 400 g pickled cabbage
- ½ tsp sichuan peppercorn
- 2 tsp star anise
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scallion
- 3 ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 ½ tsp cooking wine
Instructions for the dish
- Wash the pork ribs and stir-fry them in a pan until the fat is rendered and the surface of the ribs turns golden brown.
- Remove the ribs from the pan and set them aside for later use.
- Use the oil extracted from the first step without adding additional oil. Add seasoning and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the pickled cabbage and stir-fry until well mixed. Add the pork ribs, pickled cabbage broth, soy sauce and cooking wine.
- Cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes. Then, add the potatoes.
- (Optional) Add additional side dishes such as tofu, fried tofu, or mushrooms. Simmer until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Add scallion.