Radish is good for digestion, lowers high blood pressure and reduces your risk for heart disease. Braising is a particularly healthy way of cooking radish. This recipe is simple and quick to make.
Ingredients for the radish (yields about 3 servings)
- 2 radishes
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 0.4 oz. crystal sugar
- 0.2 oz. corn starch
- 1 scallion
Instructions for the radish
- Cut the radishes.
- Put the radish slices into a casserole dish.
- Pour the chicken broth into the dish.
- Add olive oil.
- Add crystal sugar.
- Add oyster sauce.
- Close the lid and boil for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix one part cornstarch with two parts water and add the mixture to the dish.
- Cut the scallion into small pieces and add to the dish.