Since I haven’t been able to go out and eat at my favorite Italian restaurants lately, I have had a craving for some good pasta. These homemade ravioli are infinitely better than any frozen ravioli you could buy at the store. Though it may seem daunting at first, it is not complicated at all. Use your favorite pasta dough recipe for the ravioli. I like the New York Times one. Serve with some sage brown butter and enjoy!
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 ¼ cup mozzarella
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground aleppo pepper or finely ground red pepper flakes
- Drain the ricotta using a cheese cloth and place into a bowl.
- Grate the mozzarella and parmesan, and add it to the bowl.
- Mix the cheeses together.
- Add the black pepper and the aleppo pepper to the mixture. Mix well.
Yields 35-40 medium sized ravioli, or about 4 servings