This is a super easy recipe that you can make at home with only a few ingredients. These grasshopper brownies are festive, tasty, and simple. It is possible to bake the brownies with a mix, but you can also try your favorite recipe. Top them with this bright frosting for the perfect treat. Make them for your family, friends, or even to bring in to advisory… These brownies are classic and school-spirited!
For the brownie:
- 1 package of your favorite brownie mix and the complementary ingredients
For the frosting:
- 4 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup of softened, unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of milk (preferably whole, but skim works too)
- 1 teaspoon of mint extract
- Green food coloring
- A pinch of salt
For the drizzle:
- 1.5 ounces of dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to the package. Set them aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream 1 ⅓ cups of sugar, butter, and salt. Mix in the milk, the mint extract, and the remaining sugar until a frosting consistency is reached.
- Add in a few drops of the green food coloring .
- Remove the brownies from the pan. Using a spatula, spread the frosting on top. Set the frosted brownies aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in 30 second bursts in the microwave until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the frosted brownies using a fork. Let it cool until the glaze hardens.
Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Yields about 12-16 brownies.