This is a recipe for my favorite granola, and I make it at least once a month for my family. I love adding it to yogurt or smoothie bowls, but you can use it as a topping for lots of different things!
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour in the oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until every oat and nut is coated lightly.
- Pour the granola onto your pan and spread it in an even layer.
- Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes, and stir it halfway.
- Let the granola cool entirely without mixing it and then break it into pieces and stir in the coconut flakes.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.