Many students say they don’t eat breakfast because they don’t have enough time in the morning to make something. However, this recipe is not only delicious and nutritious, but it is also quick and easy to make. This recipe is prepared in advance and can be stored in the fridge for up to five days, so you can meal-prep your breakfast for the entire week in only a couple of minutes. It provides the classic base for overnight oats and you can add whichever toppings and flavorings you like.
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Toppings of your choice: nuts, seeds, fruit, nut butter, dried fruit, etc.
- Put all ingredients, except the toppings, into your container of choice to store in the fridge. I like to use mason jars, but any container works.
- Mix well with a spoon or shake the container to combine.
- Seal your container and put it in the refrigerator for at least six hours.
- Once the oats have been refrigerated long enough, add your toppings of choice and they are ready to eat!