French toast roll-ups are a snack my brother and I have been making for a long time. They’re quick and easy to make and can be filled with whatever you want. I especially like them with Nutella, but they’re also good with plain chocolate sauce if you can’t eat nuts. The roll-ups are a perfect after-school snack, and you can also have them with breakfast!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Nutella (can be replaced with whatever filling you want)
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Cut off the crust of the bread and roll it with a rolling pin until thin.
- Spread the Nutella on the bread and roll it up.
- Whisk the egg and dip the bread in the mixture. Make sure to cover all the sides.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add some butter or oil to keep the French toast from sticking (or you can use a non-stick pan).
- Put the rolled bread in the pan and rotate every 30 seconds.
- When all sides are golden brown, take the rolls out of the pan and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top.
- Serve plain or with whichever toppings you like.