Although ranch dressing is the most popular salad dressing in the U.S., I only tried it for the first time this year. Since then, it has become one of my favorite condiments. I’m not the biggest fan of salads, so my favorite way to eat ranch is by dipping pizza into it. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! This version of ranch uses Greek yogurt, instead of sour cream, plus fresh garlic and herbs, which makes it a little healthier. If you’re using dried herbs, add less than the recipe calls for.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise and Greek yogurt together well, making sure there are no clumps.
- Add the buttermilk to the mixture. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, combine ¼ tbsp vinegar with ¼ cup milk as a substitute.
- Press the garlic using a garlic press and add into the dairy mixture.
- Finely chop the dill and parsley, and grind the black pepper into the mixture. Stir well.
Yields ~1 cup ranch dressing